Monday, May 25, 2015

Vocational Rehabilitation Approval


I have made it through the first part of the process to get a wheelchair for work. I had to be approved for services at Louisiana Rehabilitation Service. LRS is my state's Vocational Rehabilitation agency. I am surprised that this part went so smoothly.

I guess I had the right information and combination of diagnosis for this to work. Fibromyalgia, sleep apnea, RLS, obesity, and a metal plate (rod) in my arm. I do not remember what else. I also rented a manual wheelchair to see if I could do that.

 I was not very good at it but I was able to wheel it a little bit. Unfortunately my shoulder was the problem. Years ago the doctor and therapists had told me the metal plate in my elbow area would affect either the joint above it or below it.

 I am waiting to hear from someone about the next step. This seems like such a slow process. Especially considering that I am still trying to figure out how to do what I need to do at work. Hopefully I will not lose my job before this all comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment