Monday, February 7, 2011

Another Post About Green Smoothies

I'm afraid I have not kept this up as much as I should. It took several days before I noticed a difference. I never really noticed the smoothies helped with pain. I did notice when the pain came back.

I started buying some V-8 for the days I do not get to make a smoothie. I buy the ones with low sodium as I try to stay away from salt as much as possible. The V-8 has parsley, lettuce, spinach, watercress, and beets in them, among other vegetables.

These are all vegetables I do not get to eat on a regular basis. I have already started to notice the pain recede again. Oh yeah and I forgot, the smoothies had made the chocolate cravings more controllable. The craving came back but has started to recede again with the V-8.

I will let you know how this works. I really believe food can heal or at least take the edges off pain.

2 comments:

  1. I have Fibromyalgia and use bi-weekly massage therapy to help keep my pain in check. My therapist uses Tiger Balm and I ended up buying my own for use at home in between appointments. Some days, the pain in my thighs, neck and upper back is so bad, I can’t sit or lay down in any position for more than 5 mins, let alone sleep well, even with narcotic pain meds. Out of desperation, I started to apply Tiger Balm before going to work (I am on my feet for hours) and every night before bed and the RELIEF is REMARKABLE! My muscles get really, really warm and then the pain disappears, almost completely. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING TIGER BALM! (tigerbalm.50webs.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how do you afford biweekly massages? I will definitely check out the Tiger Balm.
    Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete